Skip to content

Facebook Vs Instagram; Which One is Better For Your Business?

Facebook Vs Instagram

Facebook Vs Instagram

We all are well aware of the power of social media in this digital age. The capacity that it holds is remarkable. From a business point of view, different social networking sites like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and others offer considerable opportunities to connect with a huge network and engage with a wider audience. Implementing social media strategies can empower a business and drive immense traffic.

No matter if you are a small business or a big one, you are required to make the most use of these effective platforms, only if your dreams are big. As per recent research,

There are approximately 4.62 Billion Social Media Users.

However, all social media platforms have their significance but Facebook and Instagram are on the top list.

Confused between the two? Hold on…

Before moving on, you need to focus on two points.

What and Where is your audience? 

Before choosing any marketing platform, you need to understand your audience well. First, analyze your target demographics and dig out what platform they are actively using. Facebook has a larger audience than Instagram but the category of audiences of both platforms is different.

What’s Your Business Niche?

 The choice of a relevant platform as per your business industry is vital. Using a platform that is not suitable for your industry is like throwing dollars in the wind. For instance, Facebook is best for fashion, auto, and eCommerce industries as these areas have the most followers. On the other hand, Instagram is ideal for visual and creative industries like restaurant and craft marketing.

Get ready for the Facebook Vs Instagram Battle!

Facebook:

 Facebook is the largest social networking platform with across 2.93 billion monthly users all over the globe. It retains the most massive audience of all social media platforms. With innovative opportunities, Facebook allows brands to connect with their audiences via images, videos, stories, Facebook Live, and Facebook ads.

Audience:

 86% of people aged between 18-29 use Facebook. Importantly, 54% of Facebook users are female while men make up the rest 46% of the total Facebook population.

Features:

 Facebook, being the most used platform, gives brands effective opportunities to target, analyze, and connect with their potential customers. Not only this, it gives leverage to market the product or services by highly targeting the audience to drive sales.

The features of Facebook include business pages, groups, events, stories, live sessions, shops, insights, and Facebook ads. This platform provides a seamless experience to increase a brand’s image and engagement.

As far as Facebook advertising is concerned, its interface is relatively simple, intuitive, and affordable as well.

Instagram:

 Instagram is the trendiest social media platform with the highest engagement rates. Brands have been focusing on this platform even more, and the results are jaw-dropping! Due to the wide range of features, it has nearly 1.21 billion monthly active users worldwide.

Audience:

 The majority of Instagram users are Gen Z or Millennials. Noticeably, 13 to 17-year-old children make up 8.5 percent of Instagram’s user population while 28-24 years old make up 30.1%. However, people around 25-31 years old make up 31.5% of its user population.

Features:

 For businesses thriving for growth, Instagram can be the best option as almost 60% of users seek out new products via Instagram. It is an excellent platform to create brand awareness, boost sales, and build and track audience engagement. The use of hashtags, powerful yet creative content, and partnering with influencers can help your business go places via Instagram.

Engagement on Instagram is 10 times higher than on Facebook.

The only downside of Facebook is, that the younger generation is not using it much these days and have shifted towards other platforms like Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter. So, if your business goals revolve around targeting the younger generation only, then focus on the other platform. But, don’t skip this one at all.

From a marketing viewpoint, both platforms are necessary for remarkable business growth. To conclude, both platforms have their importance. The difference relies on the business’s nature, goals and audience.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.